The Axe is a weapon used to damage or kill Minor Enemies, or to slow down certain Specimens.
Obtaining the Axe
The axe is found in the Forest Rooms, at Room 554. Its blade is stuck in a tree, once obtained text will appear on the screen instructing how to attack with it.
Swinging the axe decreases the stamina bar by about 1/10, however, when the stamina reaches zero, the player will still be able to swing it.
In Rooms 554 and 557, there are wood planks blocking the door. Those must be chopped twice to open the door.
In Room 999, there are chains blocking the door. They must be chopped once to open the door.
Effect on Enemies
- If the player swings the axe at Specimen 1, they will be cut down.
- If the player swings the axe at Specimen 2, it will be knocked back slightly, providing a second or so of time to the player.
- Swinging the axe at Specimen 3 stuns it for 2-3 seconds.
- Swinging it at Specimen 6 knocks him out, making him unable to harm the player for one room.
- Specimen 9 (normal form) can be hit, but it will only make a sound.
- Old Specimen 10 can be hit but it will only make a sound.
- Specimen 10 can be hit, although it does not falter; this will instead force it to transform into its 2nd form, which is a dangerous leech-like creature that can move and attack very fast.
- Specimen 11 will disappear for the remainder of the room.
- Swinging at the projectiles which Specimen 9 (Boss Mode) will deflect them back at him. While stunned, the player can swing at Specimen 9 for a limited amount of time before it restores its consciousness.
- How many times you swing the axe at certain enemies will determine the ending.
- The axe's poster may be a reference to the Wii game Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop.